Strange black menu backgrounds in GTK apps - see screenshot

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Sun Apr 23 01:13:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

Can anyone suggest what may be wrong with my FC5 configuration, the problem is hard to describe so here is a picture

http://www.g-b.net/snapshot1.png

As you can see the all menu's have a black background, this does applies to gnome applications, kde apps work as expected.

I use KDE, but this happens when running gnome as well, also these messages are logged to the console but I cannot find
any relevant info.

Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_back_pixmap(): pixmap must have a colormap

Thanks for any advice.

Albert.

-