[Solved - of sorts] CUPS printing problems

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 23 14:02:27 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 22:22 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

> >> In theory, maybe.  In practice it didn't work.
> >
> > Actually, it will definitely work because that's the way CUPS has been
> > defined.  I have always configured CUPS that way, and on the client
> > needed nothing.  As long as the CUPS server is on the same network as
> > the clients, the clients don't need any further configuration.
>
> system-config-printer, then Actions -> Sharing.  There's a checkbox for
> the client to scan for printers.  It is the default though.

Look, do what you want but to mix printers coonfigured with
system-confiog-printers with printers configured with web interface is a
road to disaster. They just don't work together.
Armenians and Azerbaijanis in Stepanakert, capital of the
Nagorno-Karabakh autonomous region, rioted over much needed spelling
reform in the Soviet Union. -- P.J. O'Rourke
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net