Compatibility Issues (system hangs @ udev)

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 14:00:43 UTC 2006

"Rodrigo F. Rogerio" <rrogerio at grovenetworks.com> wrote:                        I always used fedora in my desktops, recently I bought an ACER 5672, First thing I do, was install FC-5 on it, and my system never boots, it hangs @ udev: , no error message or anything.

  Have anyone experienced this problem ?!

I've had this problem since I yum upgraded over a month ago...  I've posted and haven't gotten any sort of fix yet.... UDEV is a bear, it would seem, from what I've read. I'd be very much interested in any fixes. The system hangs and after several minutes, it goes ahead and boots. Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/