/proc/cpuinfo discrepancy

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Apr 23 14:21:40 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 3:21 pm, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Well in your  cpuinfo above it says you have the Pentium M cpu. That
> certainly supports processor throttling. Are yo not using a laptop?

No, it actually says he has a "Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4". This is a
different cpu to the newer pentium M. For comparison, I have

jonesc at localhost ~ > cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 9
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 600.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush
dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe est tm2
bogomips        : 1200.89

Still, I agree I am surprised his cpu doesn't seem to with with cpuspeed.

Chris