Firefox Acroread plugin not working

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 00:15:39 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 20:07, Craig White wrote:
>On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 18:40 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >Yes, if you are sure that's the malfunction.  The binary NVIDIA
>> > driver's GLX and VMWare Workstation are the other examples I know
>> > of. Are there others?
>>
>> That question is rhetorical I assume as we won't know till it bites
>> us again if there are any others.  But it does tend to show just how
>> much committment Adobe has in supporting linux.  Their test box is
>> probably still running rh6.1...
>
>----
>let's give them credit for providing acrobat reader for Linux. Not all
>Linux distributions use SELinux and I think that Fedora is pretty much
>out in front for SELinux development.

Agreed, and so far it hasn't bothered me till now, which I really do
think speaks well for it overall.

>The problem is that Fedora can't fix 3rd party software but the 3rd
>parties that produce software which butts into SELinux issues must get
>feedback so they can fix it.

Which is why I submitted a bug report at Adobe per your request.  Thanks
for the prompt, it hadn't occured to me yet, & might not ever have
without a small kick in the gitalong.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: