FC5: opengl screensavers on Dell inspiron 710m (intel 82852/855GM)

Mauricio Vergara Ereche mave at nic.cl
Mon Apr 24 14:57:37 UTC 2006

El Jueves, 20 de Abril de 2006 07:32, David Timms escribió:
[...]
> > I have an Dell Inspiron 710m with this configuration
> >
> > [mave at funk ~]# lspci |grep VGA
> > 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM
> > Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)
> >
> > [mave at funk ~]# rpm -q xorg-x11-drv-i810 855resolution
> > xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.4.1.3-3.1
> > 855resolution-0.4-4.fc5
> >
> > The problem is that every time I try to run a OpenGL screensaver, it's
> > only shown in the 1/3 top of my screen.
> > I installed 855resolution with the hope to fix this, but nothing
> > happens
> >
> > I don't know if it is a driver problem or config issue... but with an
> > Ubuntu live CD, this problem doesn't happens.
> >
> > Does anybody have any hint to look and fix this?
>
> I can't say for sure, but installing 855res.. is not enough. I think you
> need to run it to modify / fix video bios resolutions. I don't know how
> that would help with openGL.

I used to think that 855res do that (change the bios resolution)...
I'm kind of confused around here. There is another way to do that?
I looked over the bios in the startup, but I didn't find anything.

It's kind of frustrating trying to run an opengl screensaver and not been
able to fix it. :-(

I'm the only one with this problem??
Can be problem of the HW? I really doubt so, but I don't know what else to
do.

--
Mauricio Vergara Ereche                   User #188365 counter.li.org
NIC Chile                                         mave [@] nic [.] cl