Wireless Routers for Linux?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 24 16:22:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 21:19 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>>
>>> Linksys hardware is ok. Just don't use Linksys firmware.
>>
>> Where else would you get firmware besides Linksys?  Never new anything
>> outside Linksys existed until now.
>
> openwrt.org and dd-wrt.org to name a few. I have several wrt54G*'s running
> openwrt. I have never actually used dd-wrt but I know others who like it.
> Right now I am using the 54G's to allow me to use fwbuilder and do some static
> routing without having to maintain a full blown distro.

As I pointed out before, I have a number of buffalo whr-54gs wireless
routers running openwrt white russian (and doing wds). I would
characterize them as working well. I would also observe that openwrt's web
interface has matured to the point where it is at least as functional as
the prexisting one.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu