OpenSSH client not prompting me for password

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 18:56:43 UTC 2006

--- Craig McLean <craig at fukka.co.uk> wrote:

> Ok, just out of interest my /etc/ssh/ssh_config is all commented, and
> works just fine. Perhaps you could try doing the same? I don't see
> anything in your ssh_config which really needs to be there.
> If this has no effect, check the sshd logs on the server for more
> information about what went wrong.
>
> BTW, you did say that putty has no problem using password auth?
>
> C.

Affirmative on the PuTTY.  And yes, not using a ssh config at all worked.
Thanks for your help.

I upgraded from an old version of OpenSSH/RH 7.x to whatever CentOS was
offering.

But, as is typical in that type of install, the old configuration files
were not overwritten.  So there's something in there that works with the
old OpenSSH's ssh, but not the new.

Thanks again.
   === Al
   === Al