Azureus message popups persist

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:20:26 UTC 2006

On 25/04/06, Weiqi Gao <weiqigao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/06, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone else found in FC5 that popup dialogs from Azureus
> > in extras won't close when you click hide?
>
> Yes.  In my case it is a message telling me I need to open a hole on
> port 9881/udp in my firewall, even though I have already opened that
> hole already.
>

>From the filed bug report it looks like the popup issue is waiting on
an updated Azureus.

As for your UDP issue, I've had that too, although it's intermittent
(the DHT was certainly connected last night and this morning).
With nmap I tracked it to my router[1], which was set up to forward
both UDP and TCP, but apparently wasn't forwarding UDP.  The
problem seemed to sort itself out after saving the settings again,
but I'm waiting for a recurrence.

[1] Linksys WAG54g, factory firmware I think, but I didn't spot
    anything related to port forwarding in the bug fixes for the
    newer firmware.

--
imalone