Installation of Fedora 5 failure. Help needed

Shujia Gong sgong at gmu.edu
Tue Apr 25 15:40:15 UTC 2006

Thank you for this valuable advice, David.

I am installing on a DELL PowerEdge SC1425. I deleted "rhgb" and "quiet"
from the kernel line and  the system will run normally until the login
page show up and then the system halt again. I don't feel it is the
graphic adapter problem because during installation and post-processing
of installation, the keyboard, mouse and monitor were working well.

When I tried to install the minumum package of Fedora 5, I once thought
that it was a complete success because the system was up for a moment
and I could use Firefox to browse Internet. However, it died suddenly
and when I reboot it, the system halted at the point of login again and
the moniter became dark.

I don't know whether you or anybody else can provide me further advice.
Thanks!

Frank