Aprox 25 failed http and DVD installs of FC5 and counting :o/

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:25:38 UTC 2006

On 4/25/06, Dave Russell <d.russell at eris.qinetiq.com> wrote:

> The lockup's appear to be ext3 throwing wobblers and re-mounting
> filesystems as read only.
>
> EXT3-fs error (device dm-0): ext3_delete_entry: bad entry in directory
> #1376454:
> inode out of bounds - offset=0, inode=914432000, rec_len=12, name_len=1
> Aborting journal on device dm-0.
> ext3_abort called.
> EXT3-fs error (device dm-0): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
> Remounting filesystem read-only
> EXT3-fs error (device dm-0) in ext3_unlink: IO failure
>
> I've raised a bugzilla case, but so far no joy.... can anyone help, or
> suggest anything else I should try?

I have no suggestions for a real fix, but a possible work around would
be to install the system using ext2.  ext3 is simply ext2 + a journal
which you can add later.  If that at least gets you installed, you can
add the journal and then continue to mount the partitions as ext3.  If
you can't mount them as ext3 without raising the issue again, then at
least you have a working system running on ext2.

Just an idea, I can't guarantee it will solve anything for you.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."