fftw on FC5?

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 01:29:51 UTC 2006

--- Tim Fenn <fenn at stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 01:13:56PM -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used fftw on FC5? I upgraded two weeks ago, and now I get
> > FFT's all zeros. I am not sure if I have inadvertently introduced a
> > bug in my program somewhere, but I am mystified, where.
> >
> > So, I thought I would ask if anyone has had problems/no problems
> > with fftw on FC5.
> >

> I don't know if this is of use, but since I upgraded a library that
> uses fftw2, I've had to use -fno-strict-aliasing with gcc 4.1.0 (or
> turn down the level of optimization below 1) in order for fftw calls
> to work as I'd expect.  I don't know if the same is true with fftw3,
> however.
>
> HTH,
> Tim

Hi,

Thanks! I think you may be right. I switched the option to FFTW_ESTIMATE from
FFTW_MEASURE and it worked like a charm. Actually, it appears that FFTW_MEASURE
does not work even with RHEL4. I have sent the FFTW developers a note asking
them whether that needs to be called any differently.

Btw, fftw actually uses fftw3 nowadays.

best,
Trotter