How to move/arrange partitions

Kayvan A. Sylvan kayvan at sylvan.com
Thu Apr 27 18:30:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:58:51AM +0200, gf durin wrote:
> Dear all,
> when I installed FC4 I made quite a mistake. I have 2 disks, one is old,
>  and slow (hda), the other (hdb) is new, fast, and big.
> [...]
> Now the question: is there a way to move everything from hda to hdb?
> If it is too complicated, I will switch to FC5...

You should be able to do what you need with "star" or "dump/restore" or
even a "cp -dR -x --preserve=all / /my-new-disk"

Make sure grub is installed on the new hard drive before you pull out
(or re-cable) the old drive. If you make a mistake with that, you can
always use grub-install from a boot CD.

			---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan, | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)