Difference between Debian and other flavours of Linux

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 28 05:28:35 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 22:55, Mike McCarty wrote:
>>Key difference: Debian release cycle is Quality Based. Fedora Core
>>release cycle is Time Based.
>>Can it be stated any more plainly than that?
> Yes, I think it is clearer to say that for long periods of
> time, current Debian stable releases don't exist at all and
> you can't be sure when or if they ever will.

Since I help maintain a Debian system, I'd like to know just
what this means, particularly. If you feel that this is an
inappropriate venue for that discussion, I'd appreciate an
off-list email discussion with you. So far, I've not had
a problem with Debian at all, unlike the experience I've
had with Fedora Core.

You have found the bank of Larn.