Grub has disabled my CD boot

Bob Wittorf wittorf at
Fri Apr 28 17:38:42 UTC 2006

I am trying to upgrade Fedora Core 4 to Fedora Core 5. I put the iso disc
which I downloaded into my DVD drive, reboot, and wait. My bios is set to
boot from the CD/DVD drive first. After the bios screen, I get the message
"GRUB stage 2" and then the menu appears. GRUB completely bypasses the boot
from CD stage.

My version of GRUB is .95.  I compiled and installed the latest version
1.9XX, but it did not remove the old version. Incidentally, since I can't
boot from this CD drive, I can't get Super-Grub to work either. I don't
know, however, if that will help any.

Thanks for any help you can give me.