any suggestions to choose cool programs to edit files?

BB Cao pearlsmm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 19:02:09 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I'm staring change to linux to work on editing things, such as, documents, presentations, figures,... I used to do those things on Windows machines. Of course, all my other jobs has been done on Linux and I am very pleased of that. As a starter, I found it is difficult to find apropriate programs. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. I'm interested in doing the following:

1, write Latex files,
2, write a daily record,(diary?)
3, occasionaly edit a couple of webpages,
4, organize references

Thanks!

Best,
 Cao