smb4k - mount - cifs prbs

Marcelo Magno T Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Fri Apr 28 20:08:43 UTC 2006

Em Sexta 28 Abril 2006 16:32, Francois Massonneau escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> At my office, they run a Windows network, and I run Linux FC5 on my laptop.
>
> I switched from FC4 to FC5 a few days ago.
> Using FC4, I was able to mount Network shares with smb4k, and it worked
> like a charm.
> Now, using FC5. I can't any longer to mount them using the same way.
> I tried to use smbfs and now cifs, but both failed.

(...)

> Help would be appreciated, specially by my boss as I can't access my
> agenda, my phone calls, etc....
> Francois

I'm still trying to make smb4k to work in FC5 too but, meanwhile, you can
access the windows network shares by typing smb://server_name/share_name in
konqueror, and make it a bookmark so you can access it easily when needed.
Another option is to use pam_mount to have your shares automatically mounted
when you log in.
This does not solve the problem, but allows you to access your data while we
don't find a solution for smb4k.

[]'s
Marcelo