Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Sat Apr 29 01:41:06 UTC 2006

How do,

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 18:15 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:

> > > Just because you prefer politically correct terminology does not mean
> > > everyone has to mollify your sensibilities.
> > >
> > > I would never ask someone from a different area to change their language
> > > use just to satisfy me.
> >
> > I think you are missing the point.  If someone wants Linux to
>
> Hardly.
>
> > be able to compete against commercial software then it has to
> > compete on the acceptability and political correctness fronts
> > as well.  I realize a lot of people don't care one way or the
> > other and in the free software world market share doesn't matter
> > but at least they should recognize that the issue exists.  That
> > is, commercial software and the people promoting it do make
> > concessions to satisfy the potential customers.
>
> Sometimes.
> My post was about the attitude of one poster, and his demand for
> politically correct terminology and not about the topic that started
> this thread.

OK, if you're referring to me, just where did you read I demanded for
politically correct terminology? Also, note the topic/subject does have
Disabled Users in it. Perhaps Mike McCarty/others like him would have
been more receptive to a "Open Letter:How the FOSS Community May Help
Physically Challenged Users" subject line ;-)