any suggestions to choose cool programs to edit files?

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 02:01:46 UTC 2006

BB Cao wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm staring change to linux to work on editing things, such as,
> documents, presentations, figures,... I used to do those things on
> Windows machines. Of course, all my other jobs has been done on Linux
> and I am very pleased of that. As a starter, I found it is difficult
> to find apropriate programs. Your suggestions will be highly
> appreciated. I'm interested in doing the following:
>
> 1, write Latex files,
> 2, write a daily record,(diary?)
> 3, occasionaly edit a couple of webpages,
I use gedit for all my HTML, CSS, and PHP editing needs, once the file
has the proper extension (.html, .css, .php, etc) it comes up with very
excellent (though not flawless) syntax highlighting. Quick, easy,
universal. It's better to learn the coding than to let a frontend come
up with its own often messy code anyway. http://www.w3schools.com :)
-Dan