How to use dvgrab.

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sat Apr 29 03:03:59 UTC 2006

At 10:17 PM -0400 4/28/06, Mike Chalmers wrote:
>I will try disabling SE Linux and let you know what happened. How do I
>disable SE Linux?

As root:

    [...]# setenforce 0

To re-enable:

    [...]# setenforce 1

>"There is an easy way to find out if SELinux is the culprit."
>What exactly am I doing when I run the commands you listed. Am I
>disabling SE Linux?

No, it's just installing a (unneccesary) package that separates the AVC
(SELinux complaint) messages into their own log.  To see what's up without
having it installed, just use, as root:

    [...]# tail -f /var/log/messages

which shows the last few lines of the messages log, and then new lines as
they are added (man tail).  So, issue that command, do your thing in
another terminal or whatever, and see what it says.  Exit it with Control-C.