5.1 Support

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 30 09:02:16 UTC 2006

Michael Offermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some trouble with my Soundcard. It's a Realtek ALC850 device on a
> Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mainboard (Chipset: nVidia® nForce4 SLI MCP).
> Stereo Mode does work pretty, but for me it's not possilbe, or lets
> better say, I don't know how to activate the 5.1 Support. According to
> this, the sound is realy terrible, because, the low frequencies (the
> bass) are not supportet by my tweakers, so they crack a lot.
>
> Does anybody know of this problem and can tell me the solution?
I read something regarding my nForce2 and AC3 sound on linux alsa just
a few days back. The suggestion was that there had been no information
made available on the soundstorm chip, and hence extremely difficult for
anyone to write an open source driver for it. I don't know if this would
apply to the nForce4...

DaveT.