FC5 docs

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Sun Apr 30 16:13:59 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 2:39 pm, Bart Couvreur wrote:

> Hey Keith,
> welcome to Fedora!
>
> To install nvidia drivers:
> # yum install kmod-nvidia
>
> Cheers,
> Bart

Hello Bart, and thanks for the welcome.

I tried your method of installing the nvidia driver, but it didn't
work. I must have done something wrong but, because of my lack of
knowledge about Fedora, didn't know what.

For information, I went into text mode and typed
yum install kmod-nvidia.
I got:

Setting up Installation process
Setting up repositories
core
updates
extras
Parsing package install arguments
No match for argument: kmod-nvidia
Nothing to do.

I tried editing the xorg.conf file to change the driver from "nv" to
"nvidia", but that didn't work.

While typing this post, I have just realised that I hadn't installed
the livna repository, so I am wondering if that was the problem.

However, when I did it Stuart's way, installing livna first, it has
worked!

I think I have really messed this up, but I am learning fast.  :-(

Many thanks again to you both.

Cheers

Keith