P4 Dual Core and FC5

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 22:50:33 UTC 2006

On 8/11/06, Erich Carlson <computerperceptions at coxinet.net> wrote:
> > I am trying to upgrade my computer with an Intel processor P4 Dual
> > Core, model 820. Is Fedora Core 5 already apt to work fine on that
> > sort of processors?
>
> I use Intel P4 Dual Core Hyperthreading and Fedora Core 5 works fine.

Thanks, Erich and Alan. I have heard that P4 Dual Core may work fine
on Linux, but only with one core, not using the two, and not getting
the full power of the processor. I am not literate regarding
processors, but that was what the guy of the computer shop told me. Is
that true? Or, can it be true?

Paul