Trying to make a bootable DVD disk from a Fedora Core 6 iso image

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Dec 1 04:56:12 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 23:27, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>Hello,
>
>  Okay, okay, now I am able to burn a Fedora Core 6 DVD iso image to
>disk.  The only problem now is that it only seems to make a copy of the
>DVD iso image onto the disk instead of making a bootable disk and
>creating files that I can actually see when the disk is finished being
>burned.  I am using k3b as my burning software.  Again, what gives?
>After googling and seeing that my original problem was a disk limitation
>size of 2 GB, I bought a dual layer disk to burn the image onto it. I
>never had this problem when trying to burn regular CD's to put Fedora on
>it.  Please help.

It sounds like you used the wrong method to burn it.  The latest k3b, and
several of the earlier ones had a button to "burn dvd iso image".  This
is the one to use, it will open a requestor to let you find the iso to
burn, then check the md5sum, which when completed is then waiting for you
to click the burn button at the upper right side of that screen.  Check
the options at this time, then click burn and sit back and wait for "The
charge of the light brigade".

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)