Totem=noshow

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 22:04:53 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 21:00, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Rex - to further my education - why does
> > rpm -qV xine-lib-extras-nonfree
> > return nothing at all, even though it is installed?
>
> Specifying -qV you are asking rpm to both query and verify and
> apparently the verify takes prescedence over the query.  Used alone -q
> will display the package name if a matching package is installed.
> Using -V alone will show what files have been modified, with nothing
> displayed if no files have been modified.

So, running -qV against xawtv gave me a path, which means it's installed and
has, presumably been updated.  Running the same -qV against
xine-lib-extras-nonfree returns nothing, because it has not been updated.
It's presence is ignored as far as the report is concerned.  Charming!
Really helpful.

Thanks for explaining.

Anne