Notebook

Mlists mlists at tdbnetworks.com
Wed Dec 6 20:37:35 UTC 2006

Jonathan Berry wrote:
> On 11/27/06, Andrea Bencini <andrea.bencini at tin.it> wrote:
>> I would like to buy a notebook and to install FC6.
>> Which one of these is the best to install FC6?
>> HP
>> ASUS
>> ACER
>> Toshiba
>
> Those are not notebooks, they are companies.  If you are concerned
> about hardware compatibility, you need to look at the actual hardware,
> not the brand name.  Each company sells a wide range of hardware, some
> of which works great and some which may not work so great with Linux.
> If you give us a better idea about what kind of a system you want, we
> might be better able to help.  If you have no idea, let us know and
> maybe we can try and give you direction.
>
> Jonathan

I have to admit I've been using Tosh's for the last seven or eight
years, while I've had some pain with the way they work nothings ever led
me to believe it would be any better with another vendor. as for wifi on
a tosh well I'm using it now :)

The only thing I would say is I have an A100-163 and video is currently
seriously degraded under fc6 as I can't get Mesa GLX to work in anything
other than indirect mode .