asus p5b-vm nic card (what works) fc6

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 19:15:20 UTC 2006

I had the same problem on my new p5b.  At the suggestion of folks on
this list, I added another NIC.  That also didn't work with my FC 6
installation.  (No driver for the card!).  I got the latest kernel rpm
through my windows box and installed it on my FC 6 side.  The new
kernel had the correct driver so now I'm up and running.

>From looking around at other postings, I see that probably things may
have worked if I had let the system boot without having it connected
to the net so the card could be detected properly.  Maybe...

Anyway, I'm up and running now.

LOL.

-Tom