does logwatch work on FC6?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 19 06:39:40 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> I've been playing with FC6 lately, and unlike FC4 or FC5, I don't see
>> any mail issued from logwatch.  The root user didn't get any, and nor
>> did another local user when I remembered to update the aliases file.

Phil Meyer
> Sendmail (or other MTA) must be running to receive local emails.

'tis running.  It shouldn't need special configuration just for local
mail, like logwatch, etc., should it?  That sort of thing should work
out of the box, like it always did before.

Logwatch hasn't done a thing on two independent, non-update, FC6
installs I've tried here.  Even on boxes that have been left running for
more than 24 hours, straight.  Yes, I have thought of the obvious...