OS Future now that Fedora Legacy defunct

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 21 11:54:41 UTC 2006

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Ric Moore <wayward4now <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Fedora Project. Fedora contributors today shape the direction and
>> accelerate the rate of progress of the entire FOSS ecosystem.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Does that sound like "End of the line of the fast paced devel cycle" to you?
> What the lines you quoted are actually about is that Core and Extras are
> merging. But the result will still be released every 6 months as far as I know.
> According to a draft plan on the Fedora Advisory Board mailing list, Fedora 7
> is being scheduled for late April. This is of course subject to change, but
> it's not going to change to a slow RHEL-style cycle.
>
> Maybe you read what you wanted to hear, maybe you read what you were afraid of,
> but either way what you read is not what was being told. Sorry.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Development is pretty much stabilized regarding dependencies. It surely
does not seem that the pace has slowed down a great deal. As far as
things seem, fc7 is in progress and should be as stated above, April or
about.

Legacy, I don't know.
Jim
--
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.
		-- Weisert