storing root password rpm spec file

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Thu Dec 21 15:42:42 UTC 2006

El Jueves, 21 de Diciembre de 2006 14:51, Patrick Doyle escribió:
> > A (very) dirty trick is to let the installation script
> > stop the mysqld daemon, start it again with --skip-grant-tables,
> > load your databases (no password is then required), and
> > restart the daemon normally.

Yeah, I could be a great idea, but I don't fancy that idea too much, I don't
want to touch mysql daemon, I mean, is there no other way to do that?
I've been thinking about some simple like echo&read and then:
mysql -u root --password=`echo $password`

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.