calibrating gkrellm temp sensors

Laurence Vanek lvanek at charter.net
Fri Dec 22 21:00:57 UTC 2006

I am looking for a way to get a better calibration of gkrellm temp
sensors than what Im doing now.  I enter bios on boot and write done the
readings, then continue the boot to bring up the operating system &
gkrellm.

The cpu load under these two conditions is quite different so I dont
think the gkrellm values are reliable.  This system is running an Intel
Core 2 Duo (E6600) with an Intel M/B D975XBX.

ACPI is no help, I like many others, have an empty thermal_zone
directory (also fan directory  is empty).

dmidecode does not display my bios temps or fan speeds so cant use it
with the O/S running to do the gkrellm calibration.

Anyone have suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thank you.