nfs install fails with rpm db_lock no longer valid

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Dec 25 04:39:55 UTC 2006

Vikram Goyal wrote:
> I googled also and no one's reported anything anywhere. Either this
> problem is happening with me or no one uses nfs to install fedora.

I've used nfs to install Fedora numerous times.  Most recently it was
on my laptop after FC6 was released.  I had the DVD .iso on the nfs
server.

> My nfs server box is updated with latest versions.

My nfs server is currently running FC4.

> If anyone has any idea how may I avoid this situation, then please
> suggest.

Sorry I don't.  Just wanted to say that I've had success with nfs
installs of Fedora.

To err is human; to blame it on somebody else is even more human.
    -- John Nadeau