Grub wont boot Windows?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 28 23:46:29 UTC 2006

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:53:36 -0500
> Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>
>> Which looks ok to me.  However when I get the splashscreen that asks to "press any key"
>> nothing happens?  I can press Enter or the Space Bar and it ignores the keyboard and contiues
>> conting down until the FC6 boot process begins.
>
> That sounds more like the keyboard isn't working than like grub has
> a problem. If it is a usb keyboard, I think grub can't talk to it
> without BIOS support for usb keyboards.

Funny thing is that XP does not recognize a USB keyboard either when in
the menu mode for an unsafe shutdown. I had that problem today.

What is more of a question, grub worked fine. Does windows disregard the
USB mode in safe mode or is grub capable of some USB keyboard support?

Jim

--
Power is the finest token of affection.