Problem with X11 in FC 4

Albert O camahuetos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 00:08:38 UTC 2006

Hi:

    Today in the afternoon I updated my FC 4 system with Yumex. Everything
was OK and after I finished the update I reboot the system and at that
moment the problems began: I got off the keyboard a little bit and when I
came back instead of the login screen there was a purple screen.

    I reboot with the reset button and everything was OK until when the
system shoud show the Graphical login screen. In that moment instead It
showed a blue screen with message telling me that th X server was
encountering problems and If I wanted to view the problems. I said yes, but
didn't said anything I considered usefull,  but the "75%" (everything else
was a messag the x config in /etc... didn't work and a reference to the the
web page of the project. After that I tried to reconfigure the X Server,
folowing the instructions in th blue screen, but after re start the X Server
I got the same problem.

   I don't like what to do now. I'm a little bit of newbie and don't know
many things about these kind of problems. Once I got a similar problem in
SuSE, and I solved copying the Xconf file form and old-one, but I'm not so
sure if this is gonna work this time, since the system already tried a new
configuration, so probably the "old" configuration is the same that failed
to load the first time.

Hoping to get a little help.

Albert.

--
"Cause real lifes, are the reason why,
whe want to live, another world, another life"

The Cure.

http://chamachama.blogspot.com
http://camahuetos.blogspot.com