Kernel 2.6.15-1.1830 lock-up issues

Nancy Merckle nancym at fellspt.charm.net
Thu Feb 9 20:28:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Claude Jones wrote:

> You might try booting into runlevel 1 and trying a yum update. I doubt you
> have the same issues as I, because your description is much more severe. My
> symptoms were cured by a new fglrx module from Livna - the first one they
> created had problems, and the subsequent one fixed my issue. fglrx, in case
> you don't know, is the proprietary driver from ATI for their line of video
> cards.

Thanks for the help, but yum update can't open "//var/log/yum.log" from
rescue mode.  That's not a typo, and that's not my biggest concern anymore
right now either.  I think I have a superblock hosed on my /home
directory.

Nancy

nancym at charm.net  ..... (future) http://www.charm.net/~nancym/
The Kitties Page  ...........  http://members.aol.com/Mysnats/