Private Mirror/Repository

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Sat Feb 11 20:22:39 UTC 2006

> I still think you are better off with the rsync approach. Correct me
> if I am wrong but I believe that rsync provides much better
> throughput than yum plus compression. Have you looked at
> http://tqmcube.com/repo.php ?
>
> BTW, extras is now using repoview (which I recommend). You can get a
> look at it here: http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/

I started to do the rsync approach first, and it did seem faster than
the rate yum-pull is going, but it seemed like yum-pull was easier to
setup and get going with all the stuff that I wanted. Any chance you
have some more examples than are on that page? Maybe I'm making it
harder than it needs to be. I'm not a yum expert so figuring out where
to get everything, and understanding the directory structure is a little
confusing.

I would like to do FC4 with updates and extras plus atrpms, livna,
freshrpms, maybe dag. I'd also like to do CentOS 4.2 and Suse 9.2/9.3.

Any help is appreciated.
James