Strange things in Yum

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Feb 12 14:28:48 UTC 2006

Jeff Vian ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 12/02/2006 15:19:
> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 06:57 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>
>> Friday, on one my computer in the office network, I installed
>>
>> rpmforge repo, and if :
>>
>> yum update all
>>
>> I get
>>
>> Setting up Update Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge
>> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge
>>

>> I disinstalled rpmforge but I got similar message for updates-released.
>>
>> What happened and how to recover from this point (same with rpmforge
>> installed or not)?
>>

> Is it possible the machine with the problem is not getting DNS
> correctly?

No, Jeff: I could surf the net at same time so I assume that DNS were
correct. This machine is also the router of the office network that was
working great.

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org