Something always changes fstab

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:36:37 UTC 2006

Joel Rees wrote:
> 2006-02-13 (月) の 13:08 +0700 に Fajar Priyanto さんは書きました:
>
>>Hi all,
>>I made a modified to my fstab in /dev/fd0 floppy line from auto to vfat. The
>>reason I do this because with auto, sometimes FC4 will fail reading the
>>floppy.
>>But, everytime I boot the box, it gets back to auto.
>>
>>I read on the manual and it says that something called fstab-sync does that.
>>And if I want to prevent it from doing that, I can immute the file. But, does
>>it mean if I insert a CD into the CDROM drive, supermount will encounter
>>error since it cannot modify fstab anymore?
>

> I'm asking the obvious question, but have you looked at
>
>     man fstab-sync
>
> yet? I Think I see some mention of setup files in there, but I didn't
> read very far.

Putting something like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
   <device>
         <match key="storage.drive_type" string="floppy">
	<merge key="storage.policy.mount_filesystem" type="string">vfat</merge>
	<merge key="storage.policy.desired_mount_point"
type="string">floppy</merge>
	<match
key="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer:linux.is_selinux_enabled"
bool="true">
	  <merge
key="storage.policy.mount_option.fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t"
type="bool">true</merge>
	</match>
   </device>
</deviceinfo>

In a file in the /usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy/ directory
should override the default floppy options (the difference
is the first merge element), but I haven't tried it myself.

--
imalone