Strange things in Yum

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Feb 13 14:24:14 UTC 2006

Antonio Montagnani wrote / ha scritto on /il 13/02/2006 09:49:
> Thomas Springer ha scritto / wrote  il / on 12/02/2006 22:11:
>> Am Sonntag, den 12.02.2006, 20:22 +0100 schrieb Antonio Montagnani:
>>
>>> Tomorrow morning I will check the contents of /etc/yum.repo.d files
>>> and if corrupted I will copy from the working machine to the router
>>> (it should be no problem): any other configuration file to check?
>>>

>> Maybe an increased errlevel will reveal sth of interest:
>> $ yum -d 9 -e 9 update
>> See yum manpage.
>>

>> Thomas
>>
> yum -d 10 -e 10 update
> Yum Version: 2.4.1
> COMMAND: yum -d 10 -e 10
> Installroot: /
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
>
> I checked also yum configuration files and they seem o.k.
> What about $basearch or $releasever broken?? how do I see their value??

I moved all *.repo files from working machine to my broken machine and
also yum.conf .
Results didn't change.

I made another test using only this base repo file :

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

and I got this result:

yum -d 9 -e 9 update
Yum Version: 2.4.1
COMMAND: yum -d 9 -e 9
Installroot: /
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Baseurl(s) for repo:
['http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4 /i386/os/']
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repom
d.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (2, 'No such file or directory')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

Any hint?

--
Antonio
Skype: antoniomontag

Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Maxdata Eco 3200
Linux user number 362582