Strange things in Yum

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Mon Feb 13 17:19:28 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 13/02/2006
17:10:
> Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>> Antonio Montagnani wrote / ha scritto on /il 13/02/2006 09:49:

>>> yum -d 10 -e 10 update
>>> Yum Version: 2.4.1
>>> COMMAND: yum -d 10 -e 10
>>> Installroot: /
>>> Setting up Update Process
>>> Setting up repositories
>>> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
>>> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
>>>
>>> I checked also yum configuration files and they seem o.k.
>>> What about $basearch or $releasever broken?? how do I see their value??
>>>
>> I moved all *.repo files from working machine to my broken machine
>> and also yum.conf .
>> Results didn't change.
>>
>> I made another test using only this base repo file :
>>
>> [base]
>> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
>> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
>>
>> #mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
>>
>> enabled=1
>> gpgcheck=1
>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
>>
>> and I got this result:
>>
>> yum -d 9 -e 9 update
>> Yum Version: 2.4.1
>> COMMAND: yum -d 9 -e 9
>> Installroot: /
>> Setting up Update Process
>> Setting up repositories
>> Baseurl(s) for repo:
>> ['http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4 /i386/os/']
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/repodata/repom
>> d.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (2, 'No such file or
>> directory')>
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
>> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
>> to try.
>> Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more
>> mirrors to try.
>>

>> Any hint?
>
> Perhaps the broken machine has a proxy configured in the environment
> or in /etc/yum.conf, and that proxy is broken?
>
> Paul.

This is my yum.conf file.I am surprised because the machine was running
fine until thursday night.How can I check if a proxy has been configured
in the enviroment?
Please note that I am writing from my Home router that is a sister
machine of office's network...Yum and Yumex are running o.k.

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
metadata_expire=1800

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org