Samba problems - browsing resolved

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 22:30:21 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 21:14, Dan wrote:
> I am a new convert to linux.

Hope it gives you as much pleasure as it has done for me.

> I thought id give it an honest try, setup a
> dedicated box. I have been a windows user my whole life.
>
> There are a few things i have learnt so far over the past few weeks into my
> transition.
>
> - Gui tools seldomly work 100% properly (I enjoy using the terminal anyway)

I'm inclined to agree.

> - Linux does crash (Some linux ppl say it dosnt :D)

Linux does crash, but rarely.  Applications crash, but you can usually recover
from them, unlike in windows where a crashed application usually brings
everything down.

> - I miss playing World Of Warcraft.

I'm not a gamer, so I can't comment on that ;-)  but I believe that games are
improving all the time.

Anne