Sendmail Smart Relay Configuring

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Feb 14 03:27:28 UTC 2006

Am Di, den 14.02.2006 schrieb Lovell Mcilwain um 3:07:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > Am Di, den 14.02.2006 schrieb Lovell Mcilwain um 2:15:

Please let us keep the discussion on the list. Thanks.

> >> Issue 1.
> >>
> >> I don't have a default sendmail.cf file and I can't seem to find where
> >> the .cf examples are on my machine.
> >>

> > You deleted it by accident?
> >
> I don't believe I deleted this by accident since I mainly concentrated
> on the .mc file.  I am even more convinced of this since as you will see
> below I went through the steps of adding sendmail-cf and re running the
> m4 command and my .cf file still appears to be empty.

How do you try to generate the .cf files? Simply run

make -C /etc/mail

(just to see if there are any errors/complaints)

then

service sendmail restart

> > rpm -V sendmail
> >

> This command outputs the following:
> [user at FC4FW mail]$ rpm -V sendmail
> ..?...... c /etc/mail/domaintable
> ..?...... c /etc/mail/mailertable
> S.?....T. c /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> ..5....T. c /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
> ..?...... c /etc/mail/virtusertable
> S.?....T. c /var/log/mail/statistics
> [user at FC4FW mail]$
>
> > If you still have the sendmail.mc you can regenerate the sendmail.cf
> > (given you have the sendmail-cf rpm installed). There must too be a
> > submit.cf.
> >
> I regenerated this file but when I try to view /etc/mail/sendmail.cf it
> appears to be nothing in it again.  I am simply doing "more sendmail.cf"
> or "sudo more sendmail.cf"
> > Issue 2 (Which is probably caused by issue one)
> >
> > When I run the m4 command I get the following:
> > [user at FC4FW share]$  m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

Not the correct command syntax.

Alexander

Serendipity 04:23:43 up 3 days, 13:15, load average: 1.87, 1.53, 1.14