extracting the current version form a cvs reposotory?

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Tue Feb 14 13:08:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 11:58 +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi
> I want to migrate some software that in from a bsd based system to my
> fedora core install. The cvs is provided in a tgz that you download.
> My problem is that how do I extract the current version.. of the
> source .. ?

Hi Gregory,

If you have a tgz file, you can extract it using:

  tar xzvf file.tgz

If the tgz variable contained the source, you are done.

If you are saying that you have a tgz file that contains a CVS source
_repository_, then once you have unpacked the tgz file, you can set the
CVSROOT environment variable to the root of the CVS repository (eg.
export CVSROOT=/home/gregory/cvs), then checkout any cvs modules within
the repository using:

  cvs checkout module_name

Hope this helps - your question was not really clear to me, so I may
have interpretted it incorrectly.

Cheers, Ben

Ben Stringer ===== ben at burbong.com