Stand-alone calendaring?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Feb 15 16:16:55 UTC 2006

Couple of questions:  first, is there a searchable web page that contains
package descriptions that one can use to locate a package?  For instance,
if I wanted to locate an Image Viewing package, but I didn't know that
that was what "eye of the gnome" (Eog) did...

And secondly, is there a good standalone calendaring package?  I use
Thunderbird and I'm happy with it...  Ditto with Firefox.  I know that
Evolution has calendaring, but I don't want to use it for mail and web
browsing, etc.

Is there a smaller, lighter calendaring app out there?

Thanks,

-Philip