gdm questions

William Yardley fedora-list at veggiechinese.net
Thu Feb 16 22:29:24 UTC 2006

I have been using GDM on my workstation at work (rather than just
booting into text mode). I don't use Gnome, though - just Windowmaker.

Is there a way to (automatically and / or manually) lock the screen
besides using "gdmflexiserver"? I think that's more intended for
starting a second session than locking the existing session.

I'd like something like what xscreensaver does, only with the gdm login
screen.

Also, is there a way to set a default username BUT prompt for a
password? The only option I see in the config file is to automatically
log in as a particular user.