DVD creation question

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 01:28:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 17:47 -0600, J. K. Cliburn wrote:
> Question: Does a dvd that contains multiple VTS_nn_x.VOB files
> *require* a menu file in order to play from beginning to end on a
> hardware dvd player?
>
> Using FC4 and dvdauthor, I've created a menuless dvd of home movies
> consisting of 3 sequential vob files, but my Panasonic player that's
> attached to the TV stops playing when it reaches the end of the first
> vob file, as if it's reached the end of the disk.
>
> The same dvd plays through all 3 vob files sequentially and seamlessly
> if I use Xine.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

Take a look here Jay: http://dizwell.com/main/content/view/73/96/

"...you need a set of IFO files for a DVD player to be able to make
sense of what vob files exist and in which order they should be
played..."

You probably need to install dvdauthor per that article and run
"dvdauthor -o newdvd -T".

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/