wireless router

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 16 05:35:01 UTC 2006

>> By using a wireless card, i can route Wifi machines into the internet?
>> What other program/software do i need?

You can set up a wireless card in master mode with madwifi, which in
theory would allow you to do what you ask. I don't know about any other
drivers so don't ask.

I am still a member of the madwifi mailing list, and master mode can
bring with it some other hiccups.

My advice?

Spend the $AU90 on an Access Point. with an ethernet cable back to the
AP, you can route whatever the hell you want without dealing with the
complexities of getting the card to work in the first place.

Keeping it simple usually works best, even if you need to spend a few
more $$$.

Regards,
Ed.