Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 17 21:42:49 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:
> jdow wrote:
>

>>You're not listening, Rahul. That leads me to wonder just who constitutes
>>the community that does the influences Fedora policies. I guess folks on
>>this list are basically peons who are not part of the "community" or at
>>least we're not as equal as other members.
>

> If you look at what you're asking it boils down to asking some guys paid
> by Redhat to spend time and effort they could spend elsewhere continuing
> to give their high quality security coverage to what is now an older OS,
> for free.  I have a remote server that is FC3, it came with FC3 and the
> only other choice was Windows, so I am motivated to want security
> coverage... but... before we huff and puff about 'community' we have to
> realize we are demanding their work for free in such a case.  R

I've been giving my time, freely, for free for almost ten years, and
before the Internet, to chess organisations.

I _always_ listened to my chessplayers and tried to give the service
they wanted, and I always try to give good advice to computer users.

The value of the time I've given is way more than RH would have got had
I merely bought one every retail pack they ever released, and is well
comparable to that given by many OSS authors.

So far as I can judge it, much the same is true of Jo, and long timers
will recall names such as Tony Nugent, Thom Pain, Jo Klemmer who've also
  given years of service.

--

Cheers
John