IMAP client (was: KDE vs Gnome)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Jan 18 05:05:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:36 PM +1030 Tim
<ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>> I rarely see a Linux window manager.)
>
> Hmm, I see this in your headers:  X-Mailer: Mulberry/3.1.6 (Win32)
>
> ;-)

Ah, you caught me! ;) But I rarely reach for the mouse except to switch
apps and click links in Firefox.

Now that Mulberry is no longer developed, any suggestions for a good
alternative IMAP client? I like the 3-pane view but I'm not that big a fan
of Thunderbird, as it displays all folders in the folder tree, not just
those with new mail.

I'll probably continue using Mulberry for a long time (I can also use it on
a Linux GUI) but I know that its issues will never be fixed, so I'd like to
start looking for a replacement under active development, preferably
cross-platform so I can use it at the office under Win32.

Mulberry has almost as many knobs as Emacs, and I'd hate to give up most of
them, so this is going to be a hard search.