Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 18 00:55:00 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>> If Rahul is right there aren't any, so the workload won't be great. If
>> he's wrong (as I expect) there won't be many, and still thr workload's
>> not great.
>

> Please dont misquote me. I never said there is no workload involved in

You said no security fixes. I did not say no workload.

> extending a release within Fedora Core by Red Hat. I said there arent
> major security issues at this point which are two differnt things.
>

>> If FP listens, then it can solve the problem for a lot more than one
>> person for a lot more (we hope) than one release.
>

> You are talking in a users list.  It will just get lost in the list noise.

Two things Red Hat and Fedora Project should be doing
1. Surveying the oppsition, just as Microsoft does. MS is running RHEL
and some other distros.

2. Listening to users. This list is for users to talk stuff over, so
this is a good place to listen to users. I'd think this thread is big
enough to be noticed, and the subject should also highlight its
importance to RH & FP people.

--

Cheers
John